Senior Design Project - General Requirements
A professionally written proposal report and power-point proposal presentation including a thorough narrative, a complete set of finished 2-D, and 3-D mechanical design drawings, a theoretical development, a schematic of the electrical/hydraulic circuits, a request for funding, a timeline for the vertical drive-train transmission design have to be submitted to the instructor by the beginning of December 2015.
Specific Requirements and Deliveries
- A complete set of 2-D and 3-D drawings of the whole system components and assembly using Solidworks drawing software.
- A kinematic, dynamic, and energy analyses of the vertical drive-train transmission system have to be submitted.
- A relevant set of calculations including gear ratios, velocities, and accelerations of all transmission components.
- A numerical inventory of all relevant forces and moments acting within the different transmissions components (FBD), including the input and output torques on the drive-train transmission.
- A calculation of the mechanical power input and the electrical power output.
- An indication of all relevant von Mises stresses on the critical parts of the whole system including the drive-train using Solidworks Simulation.
- A control law has to be established to optimize the energy production of the wind turbine.
- A Gantt chart featuring the project schedule step by step throughout the Fall 2015 semester.
- A request for funding with an abstract and a detailed list of the part names, part numbers, and part costs.
- A Mandatory hard/soft copy of all the design drawings (parts and assemblies).